Well Known Baby Clothes Retailer
Our procurement team, managed by Melanie Parsonage, has achieved some fantastic initial success. Working in the area of non-goods for resale and with the internal clients the team has helped save nearly £2million in the following areas:
- £1.02m from consolidating group strategy on printed materials.
- £90,000 on telecoms.
- £63,0000 on mobile phones, reducing costs by 34%
- £50,000 on conference calls by moving to free phone numbers
- £550,000 by supporting the internal team on direct carriers
- £190,000 across the board on marketing services.
Well Known Chemists Chain
This was a Project / Procurement contract in collaboration with “Clients” surveying team to carry out the maintenance and remedial work required, to be done on an annual basis. We drew up tender documentation, sourced contractors and helped to allocate the yearly spend on a turnover to expenditure ratio. Spend on annual basis £500k
Project Achievement: Implementation of a smooth running platform, for which all stakeholders, can interact with each other. Savings on existing in the region of £100k.
- Contracts Audit – Key Suppliers
- Major outsourcing project: Resolved issues around failing supplier involved in providing core services
- Provide “Exit Strategy” – Negotiate amicable contract termination of multi-million pound contract.
- Project achievement: Delivered new supply strategy for failing services with cost reduction of 25% equivalent to £1.5m on the remaining term of contract.
Well Known Bank
- Responsible for various multi-million pound projects within the Bank’s Infrastructure Category, including: Consumer Banking – Predictive and Analytics Software & Consultancy and Data Base Platforms and Services.
- Managed in line with both internal and external Governance, the sourcing and delivery of key services within the indirect spend area of the Bank; with particular focus on the challenge of ‘turning round’ some high profile failing services connected with significant revenue delivery.
- Responsible for identifying internal and external cost drivers, to provide both quick wins and long term cost reductions through the effective procurement management of the services and development of supplier relationships.
- Lead senior cross-functional project teams across the bank in the planning and development of the procurement initiatives, reviewing commercial models and assessment of classic ‘make or buy’ opportunities.
- Where necessary, the development of ‘Exit Strategies’ with associated tendering process, Risk Assessment, and Service Migration plans, to manage the delivery of an smooth hand-over and continuation of services.
- Project Achievement: Delivered double quarter one savings Target set at £400,000; we delivered £850,000 together with an offer from the supplier of a project saving deal worth 1.5m over the contract period.
Well Known Bank, Islington, London
- Sourcing Manager, Marketing (Interim) – spend circa £50m.
- Ran tenders and re-negotiated various ad hoc individual company contracts under single umbrella Group Contracts making significant savings across most contracts.
- Project Achievement: Negotiated £1m saving on a previous contract figure of £5.5 million.
Rail Project, Euston, London.
- Short term assignment to help under resourced department.
- Responsible for delivery of professional services category strategy.
- Ran HR tender for outsourcing of occupational health services.
- Review of professional services standard contract requirements
- Areas covered: Legal Services, Print Services, HR, Marketing Services, Telecoms, Insurance, IT and Utilities.
- As part of an interim team set up of a new sourcing function, reviewing spend across the Council, identifying quick win areas for cost reduction, then developing and implementing Category Strategy preparing and running major tenders in key opportunities.
- Working closely with HR and legal, lead Strategic Review & subsequent project management of outsourcing of the Councils print service (involving TUPE of transferring staff).
- Management of projects using ‘Gateway’ process; delivering supplier improvement and best practice in key areas.
- Ran major tenders following OJEU process and used e-auctioning facilities where appropriate.
- Project Achievement: Savings on all projects, with major saving of £260k pa on mobile phones, and 300kpa budget saving on Print Outsourcing.
Rail Company, High Holborn, London
- To review the operation and delivery of the Contracts Management Team, within Asset Performance division of the Rail Company, with total spend of £180m. Identifying opportunities for improvements and operational savings.
- To provide a blue print for ‘Best Practice’ Contract Management, with detailed recommendations and process maps, for the implementation to support the delivery of cost savings and enhanced profitability.
- Stakeholder management: Liaised with Stakeholders internally and externally to achieve consensus for the project and associated proposals and to ensure that work was in line with business objectives.
- Project Achievement: Delivered a tailored and highly praised, working document for ‘Best Practice’ Contracts Management across organization.
This was a Project management contract that had to carry out dilapidations prior to new franchisee One Rail taking over. Working closely with the management and surveyors we carried out contract review, agreeing works to be done, and implementing the works to be carried out over all railway stations in the network. Time tables were draw up and implemented, making sure that time scales were feasible taking into consideration weather and peak times on the station platforms.
Project Achievement – Through good management of the project we not only carried out the project within the budgets but finished ahead of time, which gave GER a saving in consultancy fees.
AVIS-EUROPE PLC. Bracknell, Berks
- Sourcing, (Interim) – Europe Africa, Middle East & Asia
- Responsible for Business Support Services, Operations and Special Projects; Lead cross-functional project teams in procurement initiatives across Avis Europe and its operating companies.
- Sourced and developed strategic relationships with Avis’ preferred suppliers in order to drive down costs, increase profitability and improve service quality at a business unit level.
- Project Achievement: Successfully renegotiated major strategic contract to deliver services across Europe. Significant improvements in supplier performance and reduced spend by 20%.
WATERAID (An international N.G.O.) Niassa Province, MOZAMBIQUE
- Business Advisory Service
- Worked with the Local Government Department involved in Water Construction Projects giving advice on Procurement issues and best practice.
- Project Achievement: Introduced systems and robust processes for the delivery of best practice procurement.